“AYUSHO VEDA AYURVEDA “
The span between life and death is called AYU and the text that describes all about AYU is called VEDA.
The scientific way of living is AYURVEDA.
Ancient Hinduism text includes the four VEDAS–
- RIG VEDA
AYURVEDA is a branch of
Lord Brahma himself orated this knowledge to the sages, who then transferred to their pupils and thereby, it came into two written forms as
- CHARAK SAMHITA by Charak who was a physician.
- SUSHRUTA SAMHITA by Sushruta who was a surgeon.
ASHTANGA AYURVEDA (Ayurveda has eight sub divisions)
- KAYA CHIKITSA – General medicine
- KAUMARBHRITYA – Pediatrics,treatment of children
- SHALYA TANTRA – Surgical techniques
- SHALAKYA TANTRA – ENT treatment of ailments affecting ears, eyes nose, mouth etc.
- BHUTVIDYA – Pacification of possessing spirits
- AGADTANTRA – Toxicology
- RASAYAN TANTRA– Rejuvenation therapy
- VAJIKARAN – Aphrodisiacs